Your residential driveway is the first thing guests notice when they arrive. It isn’t only aesthetically pleasing and useful – allowing you to enter and exit your home safely and quickly.
If you have a larger vehicle, it might be difficult to maneuver around if you have a very narrow driveway. It can also be a danger if it’s in bad shape.
Did you know there are ways to widen your driveway without spending much money?
Driveway Extension: Ways to Expand Your Driveway
If you need to expand your driveway, there are a few options for doing so without spending much money. Here are some cheap ways to extend your driveway:
1. Extend the existing driveway.
Building an extension is one of the simplest and most effective ways to widen your driveway by simply extending the existing concrete or asphalt with new materials. You could extend it by a few feet if you have extra space on either side of your driveway.
2. Resurface the existing driveway with asphalt or concrete.
Overlaying a section of your grass adjacent to the driveway can give you a few extra feet of width and may be more attractive than an extension.
A new layer of asphalt pavement can be laid over an existing driveway that is beginning to show its age. It’s generally more expensive than extending the driveway, but it offers your house a fresh appearance.
3. Consider adding a gravel driveway extension.
Adding more gravel is usually the most affordable option if you have a gravel driveway and are looking to widen it. Although this will require more sustenance over time as the gravel can shift and settle. If you live in a rural area, you can save money by having a gravel driveway instead of paving it.
4. Bring in the experts in driveway paving or extensions.
If you need help with your ability to widen your driveway, contact Bluff City Paving to do it for you. It is considered the most expensive option, but it will ensure that the job is done properly. Make sure you get a few estimates before hiring someone to know you’re getting a good deal. You are saving your time and effort.
5. Unleash your inner artist and be creative.
You don’t have to spend a fortune to make your driveway wider. With a little creativity, you can find an inexpensive solution that works for you.
Driveway Materials to Choose From
Extending your driveway can be cheap. If you’re willing to do a little work, you can find an affordable solution that meets your needs.
There are a few different driveway materials to choose from when you’re ready to extend your driveway:
1. Concrete driveway is among the most popular choice since it’s durable, easy to maintain, and can be curved in any shape or size.
2. Asphalt driveway is a better choice because it’s less expensive than concrete and easy to install. But asphalt driveways require more maintenance than concrete driveways, but they’re still a good option if you’re on a budget.
3. Gravel is a great option if you’re looking for a cheap and easy way to extend your driveway. However, gravel driveways require more upkeep than other types since the gravel can shift and settle over time.
4. Bricks and pavers are a good choice if you’re looking for attractive, durable driveway material. Bricks and pavers are easy to install and come in various colors and styles. It can last for many years if properly cared for.
Whatever driveway style you choose, make sure that you do your research and get multiple estimates before you make your final decision. With a little planning and effort, you can find an affordable solution that meets your needs.
Consult Professional Paving Contractors
With a little work, you can build a lovely new driveway that will increase the value of your home. It’s essential to do it perfectly the first time because a poorly done driveway extension might decrease the value of your home. Whatever method you choose, always take your time and complete the task right.
Your budget and personal tastes determine which option is ideal for your home. A driveway extension can be a better choice if you need something quick and inexpensive. However, paving will provide you with a superior end product, provided you are ready to spend more money and time doing it.
Bluff City Paving specializes in business and residential paving and offers various services, such as asphalt driveway paving, extension, repair, and maintenance. Bluff City Paving is a great option for anyone who wants the best possible results for their home in Memphis, TN. Contact us today for a free estimate!